THE 20 QUESTION QUIZ TO FIND YOUR PASSION & PURPOSE
Until very recently, I used to think my passions were Fashion and Beauty, and while I truly do enjoy those things, they do not light as much of a fire under me as I initially thought. I have discovered that my real passion lies in Creative Thinking and Writing. I enjoy blogging, thinking up new content and coming up with ideas for TV, Magazines, events etc. Discovering that this was where my passion and purpose lay did not happen overnight; in fact it took years of trying different things before realizing where my talents truly fluorished. I used to feel so embarrassed not knowing what I should be doing with my life and would be talked into taking jobs (just for the steady paycheck) while spending my time and resources on things I thought I loved. One thing I've always known though is that I wanted to be my own boss, busy doing all the things I'm passionate about and creating a lifestyle for myself that I can be proud of and even though I feel like I'm late to the game, I believe I arrived at this realization at exactly the right moment and am on my way to building a life for myself from it.
I love writing, I've always enjoyed it and is probably why I studied English as a first degree. At the time I had not yet tapped into my love for it which is also probably why I opted to study English Language as opposed to English Lit. I thought I hated reading and writing ( turns out I was just a lazy ass student...lol) and did not want to be bothered with any of it till I realized that once I would start reading a book, I could not put it down until I finished it. I would always get good grades in composition essays and comprehension assignments but still did not put two and two together; I was just happy to be excelling at a subject other than Math. I guess like most people, I had to experience different things and try out as many of my interests as I could to finally pinpoint what my true purpose was.
With the following quiz, I have personally answered all the questions and it is clear that I know what I am meant to be doing and through tons of research online, I have been able to come up with 20 questions that I believe will help you identify what your passion is or re-iterate it to you if you are not sure and need some extra confirmation. Make sure you write down each answer you give after careful thought and go over them as much as you need to till you are certain that they are coming from the heart.
1. What topics interest you the most that you could talk about and learn about all day long?
2. If you were given the chance to work with any successful entrepreneur, who would you choose and why?
3. What difference do you want to make in the world or how do you want people to remember you?
4. Is there anything in your life preventing you from pursuing your passion?
5. If there is, what do you think you can do about it?
6. What are the things you truly enjoy doing; either as a hobby or just something that interests you?
7. How can you engage these hobbies/interests?
8. What would your ideal day look like? Describe it from morning till bedtime.
9. Do you believe that where you live currently has any influence on you being able or not able to pursue your passions?
10. When do you feel most like yourself?
11. What goal have you set that you are most attracted to?
12. Which celebrities do you currently follow on social media or are intrigued by who are doing what you would love to do?
13. What are you willing to do for free because you enjoy it so much?
14. If money, connections or location was not a factor, what would you love to do the most?
15. What do other people recognize in you and usually ask you to do?
16. If you only did one thing over and over again daily and you knew you would not burn out, what would it be?
17. How would you describe your purpose profile? a) The Dreamer, b) The Thinker, c) The Free Spirit, d) The Doer
18. Do you have a plan of action that motivates or continues to inspire you to live your passion and purpose one day?
19. If you feel like you may have more than one passion or purpose, do you love doing them as much equally or one more than the other?
20. Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
Taking this quiz confirmed for me that Creative Writing/Thinking was my passion and I am working towards growing it into a brand, business and lifestyle. I hope your passions allow you do the same and that by taking this quiz, you finally know what exactly it is you should be doing with your life. If for any reason, you can't immediately indulge your passions, my advise is to keep them at the forefront of your heart and write down any plans of action you feel will help you start living in your purpose soon. However until then, do what tyou have to do till you are able to do what you want to do.