With the year inching closer to an end, I've been looking back on it to see how I started and where I'm at now, what things about me have changed or remained the same, what I like now and don't like as opposed to a year ago etc.
2018 has been a very revelatory year for me in more ways than one; I reconnected with my passion for writing, started a blog, gone back to reading more, being more open and in general, learning more about myself than I ever knew before. It has been a challenging year to say the least but I know that I have grown and so in glancing back at the past 10 and a half months, I've discovered that lately I've been....
- Wearing-clothes that I typically would not wear and embracing more styles that I would never have given a second look before
- Admiring- bloggers and content creators who recognized early that this was a new world of opportunities (even if they may not have known it in the beginning) and made it into a career that allows anyone from any educational background exploit.
- Wishing- that I could travel more locally and internationally just to conquer my fear of it if for no other reason at all
- Determined to- keep blogging, learning and growing so that one day soon I can look back and say that I made something of my life doing what I genuinely love
- Excited to- see what the new year has in store and where my life's journey takes me
- Anticipating- making new friends from different cultures because I'm eager to learn about practices and beliefs that may be different from my own and really because I have none here in Texas...lol
- Happy about- getting the chance to watch my niece and nephew grow up before my eyes and not from a distance
- Appreciating- being single and loving this time alone with myself and the fact that my blog looks different from all the others
- Inspired by- my environment, my circumstances, the internet, social media and life
- Planning to- introduce new things to my blog in the new year in the hopes that it will serve as fresh content for my readers
- Loving- my natural hair, slimmer bod and taking pictures for the blog, 😊
- Reading- more spiritually uplifting books but also expanding to books that teach on being business savy, laws of attraction and adulting successfully
- Tired of- all the senseless gun violence as well as the alarming rate of racial profiling incidences happening around the United States
- Doing more- listening, praying and less worrying (trying to at least). Also doing more positive thinking and speaking in general.
It hasn't always been an easy ride but I've always somehow made it out on the other side; this time will be no different. I'm thankful for all of my life's experiences and more than ready for what blessings and breakthroughs the new year will bring.
Just to update you guys that after next week Saturday, which will be the first Saturday in December, I will be taking the rest of the year off to enjoy the holidays with my family, work on some new content for the blog and hopefully come back stronger. I will put up my post for the day as usual but there will be no posts after that for the rest of the month. I hope to return to blogging in the 2nd week of January 2019 (will very likely announce when exactly on my instagram so follow me there if you aren't already). In the meantime, thanks as always for reading, hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving with loved ones and comment below one thing you are looking forward to doing more or less of come 2019!