Hey Guys (wiping the cobwebs and dust off the blog), feels so good to be back writing again after being away for over 2 months! The break was very much needed and now I feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to get back to doing what I do best.
It was my 39th birthday last week and asides having a good day with loved ones, I took some time to reflect on these last 12 months to really figure out what I've learned and so today, I'm going to actually share with you 39 things I've come to know in these 39 years of my life. Here goes...
1. Patience is a virtue worth having. God makes all things beautiful in His own time and not a moment before.
2. Speaking things into existence is not a myth that someone made up, it works because I have tried it.
3. Consistency with anything you do will always yield results in the end.
4. Sometimes you need someone to come in and change your perspective on certain things. Change is good, not always comfortable but good.
5. There is more evil in the world today than ever before. Go with God everywhere. Period!!
6. Lifestyle changes become necessary to make as you get older.
7. I really dislike summer even though I had me a hot girl one this year. Its just too hot for me to deal with.
8. I can't throw back the drinks anymore the way I used to in my 20s. The hangover in the mornings is no longer worth it to me.
9. I realize I don't need so many people around me to feel secure or loved. I've always been a bit of a loner and I always enjoy my own company but more so now than ever before.
10. Nothing is more beautiful than peace of mind, the love of a good man and avocado toast in the morning. 😉
11. I thought I was overcoming but I am still such a hopeless shopperholic. Don't judge me!!
12. Change can be inconvenient but is a requirement for healthy relationships with others.
13. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.
14. Fear can be an incredibly crippling thing and I'm still working on overcoming a few of mine.
15. Drinking a large cup of tea every morning is my favorite thing to do and I look forward to it every single day.
16. Content creation is not as easy as it looks and creators deserve more credit than they get because they constantly need to find picture worthy content even while doing the simplest things.
17. Instagram challenges are too stressful for me if they involve posting more than 1 or 2 pictures.
18. Children are beautiful reflections of us and are God's gift but I realize that I do not want to have any (my mum is still praying for me about this😀).
19. The truth sounds like hate to people who hate the truth.
20. I am still obsessed with organization and it gets on my nerves when spaces are in disarray, mine or other people's.
21. I need to understand that I can't control everyone or everything much as I would like to. People especially need the opportunity to be themselves around others without fear of being judged (not that I judge anyone but I will explain better in an upcoming post I have about control).
22. I still miss my brother everyday and yet to adjust to the reality of him never walking through my bedroom door to bother me again.
23. I never thought I could manage my natural hair alone for a day but its been over 2 years and we still out here flourishing.
24. Did I mention that I was a shopperholic? I did? Okay, moving on....
25. Clothes over makeup! Any day, every day, all day!!!
26. Ginger Snap cookies are my all time favorite. Always have been, always will be.
27. God can and will take the weight off your wait if you would just worry less and trust completely in Him.
28. Trends, Shmends!! I wear what I like, when I like and how I like so sorry not sorry!
29. Tell me the kind of person that wants to travel the world but is still so afraid of flying? Yep...that would be me!
30. I love to write but don't share the same love for reading, is it just me? I mean I like reading but I love writing.
31. I have a new found profound love for Asian buffets. They are EVERYTHING!!
32. I STILL READ BLOGS so bloggers should stop asking that question and presuming that no one does anymore.
33. I don't need a lot to be happy anymore and it took me meeting someone new to realize that.
34. Friends come and go but pancakes and bagels are forever 😊
35. My mom's cooking is still the best I've ever eaten hands down. Apologies to your mom, I'm sure her cooking is lovely😋
36. I miss SUYA! If you are Nigerian, then you know what I'm talking about. Apologies to my non Nigerian readers, I don't feel like explaining what that is right now.
37. I need to lose weight....AGAIN!!
38. God loves me so much. He hears me when I pray, forgives me when I sin and always gives me what I need.
39. All I want to do with the rest of my life is to live simply and comfortably. This is my new motto!
So there you have it. 39 things I have come to know and reconfirm over the years! I've got some awesome new content coming your way now that I'm back to full time blogging and I'm excited to share. Thank you guys for waiting and still reading my previous posts while I was away but we are back and rearing to go....
See you Saturday with more birthday content!!
Always Love (as per usual)💕