RELATIONSHIP GOALS: EVERYTHING FROM BEING SINGLE TO MARRIED
This 2017 eight part series is another enlightening teaching from Pastor Mike Todd of Transformation Church that I just got through watching and highly recommend that you do as well. It is aptly titled Relationship Goals and Pastor Todd really breaks down relationships from a God perspective using very clear and modern illustrations/language that all of us can understand for our current and future relationships.
My goal with this post is to summarize all 8 parts of the teaching with the same clarity and pointedness as the Holy Spirit grants me ability. As humans, we were created to exist within relationships because we all know of the scripture that sees God confirm that it was not good for man to be alone (Genesis 2:18). It is obvious through this scripture that God wants relationship for us but relationships where the purpose is not known, opens the door to the enemy. One way to tell if a relationship is of God is if it is helping you whether they be friendships, marriages or business relationships.
What God Desires To Give Man Before A Person (Relationship): Genesis 2: 15-18
- A Place - where God wants to bless you
- A Purpose - what you are meant to do where God has placed you
- Provision - God wants to supply you with all you need for where He has called you
- Identity - God wants you to know who and whose you are and who you were created to be
- Parameters - God wants to help you establish standards and boundaries for your life